March 16, 2020
Highland Colony Baptist Church
After our Governor asked, on Saturday, that churches not meet during this time of uncertainty we have made the decision to suspend any gatherings at HCBC until further notice. This is a wise and necessary decision.
We will, however, be live-streaming our worship services on Sunday mornings at 10:30. We invite you to worship with us from your home. You can live-stream via Facebook or on our website.
I have also instructed our staff, as much as possible, to work from home. We will be checking our calls and emails and this should not disrupt our work too much.
So how is a church supposed to function when it is potentially dangerous to gather together? Following are a few ideas:
- Pray! God is not limited! Let’s believe him together that these will be fruitful days of renewal and revival both in our church and nation.
- Communicate! Thank God we live in the 21st Century!
- Look for creative ways to be Jesus to others.
- Automate your giving to HCBC. This way we will remain strong financially whether or not we are gathering. Go to hcbc.net/give to see options on how to give.
- Look for communication from HCBC regarding scheduling, ministry opportunities, etc. We will be communicating regularly.
The COVID-19 virus is serious and we will treat it with respect. Remember, however, that God is not afraid and doesn’t want us to be either. This may be one of the greatest gospel opportunities many of us will ever see! As God told Joshua in chapter 3 of the book bearing his name (this is a paraphrase), “You’re about to travel a path you’ve never travelled before. Purify yourselves and get behind me. I know this path. I am about to do great wonders among you!”
God is doing a great work! Let’s not miss it! Together, though apart, we will see His glory!